When you need your company to have a new website or if you venture on updating your old webpage with a new look and functionality, the choices are versatile. Assuming that you will go the easy way and choose a theme for your WordPress website, the overall number of characteristics that you will need to keep in mind narrows down significantly.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Cleaning needs to be carried out in two stages. First use a cleaning product to remove visible dirt from surfaces and equipment, and rinse. Then disinfect them using the correct dilution and contact time for the disinfectant, after rinse with fresh clean water if required.
During inspections of food businesses, the cleanliness of the structure of food rooms, equipment and utensils is taken into account in assessing hygiene.
To help ensure the safety of your food, it is essential that surfaces and equipment are:
- visually clean, and
- free from high levels of harmful germs.
Cleaning: this is the removal of visible food debris and grease. It is usually done with hot water and detergent.
Disinfection: this is the reduction of germs to a safe level and is usually done by the use of special chemicals intended for food use, or by heat (hot water at around 82°C in a dishwasher or second sink).
Detergent: a chemical used in cleaning to remove food debris and grease.
Cleaning and disinfection generally consists of six steps:
- Pre-clean – remove excess food waste by sweeping, wiping or pre-rinsing
- Main clean – loosen surface waste and grease using a detergent.
- Rinse – remove loose food waste, grease and detergent.
- Disinfection – kill the bacteria with disinfectant or heat.
- Final rinse – remove the disinfectant.
- Drying – remove all moisture.